What Caused My Sporting Injury?
There are a number of factors that may cause your injury and they are:
- Not warming up properly before exercising
- Pushing too hard for your current level of fitness
- Incorrect shoes for your foot type
- Inadequate shock absorption, worn out or ill-fitting shoes
- Structural abnormalities
- Poor technique
Common Sporting Injuries
Some common injuries include:
- Shin splints (lower leg pain)
- Forefoot pain
- Heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle sprain
- Knee pain
- Stress fractures
Types Of Sporting Injuries
Sports injuries can be either be acute or chronic.
Acute sports injuries occur as a result of sudden impact or awkward movement, e.g. a muscle tear or a sprained ankle.
Chronic sports injuries develop over time, often due to the continual use of the same joints or muscle groups accompanied by a bad technique or structural abnormalities.
Before any treatment is carried out, you will be given a full explanation using simple language so you can make an informed decision about your foot health.
Your treatment may include one or a combination of the following:
- Orthotics to control the way your foot functions
- Footwear advice
- Strengthening and stretching exercises
- Technique and training advice
We know that recovery is a frustrating process because you don’t want your hard efforts to be in vain. We will get you back onto your feet as quickly as possible.
Contact Us Today
Book an online appointment to secure your spot or call our friendly team on (02) 8966 9552.Book An appointment