What Caused My Sporting Injury?
There are a number of factors that may cause your injury and they are:
- Not warming up properly before exercising
- Pushing too hard for your current level of fitness
- Incorrect shoes for your foot type
- Inadequate shock absorption, worn out or ill-fitting shoes
- Structural abnormalities
- Poor technique
Common Sporting Injuries
Some common injuries include:
- Shin splints (lower leg pain)
- Forefoot pain
- Heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle sprain
- Knee pain
- Stress fractures
Types Of Sporting Injuries
Sports injuries can be either be acute or chronic.
Acute sports injuries occur as a result of sudden impact or awkward movement, e.g. a muscle tear or a sprained ankle.
Chronic sports injuries develop over time, often due to the continual use of the same joints or muscle groups accompanied by a bad technique or structural abnormalities.
Before any treatment is carried out, you will be given a full explanation using simple language so you can make an informed decision about your foot health.
Your treatment may include one or a combination of the following:
- Orthotics to control the way your foot functions
- Footwear advice
- Strengthening and stretching exercises
- Technique and training advice
We know that recovery is a frustrating process because you don’t want your hard efforts to be in vain. We will get you back onto your feet as quickly as possible.