What Caused My Heel Pain?
Heel pain can be caused by one or a number of factors:
- Change in activity type
- A sudden increase in the intensity of physical activity
- Muscle tightness
- Flat feet or high arches
- Autoimmune condition
- Neurological condition
- Poor muscle strength
- Poorly-fitted footwear
- Standing for long periods of time at work
- Weight gain
Early Signs & Symptoms Of Heel Pain
Pain can range from a dull ache, stabbing pain, tightness and or burning in the heel or arch.
Ask yourself the following…..
- Does my heel hurt from taking a couple of steps after sitting?
- Do I feel pain as soon as I get up in the morning?
- Is my heel sore during or after exercise?
If you answered YES then it is recommended that you book an appointment to have our caring podiatrists take a look.
The longer you ignore the pain, the harder this condition is to treat which will lengthen the healing process for you.
Your Heel Pain Treatment
Before any treatment is carried out, you will be given a full explanation using simple language so you can make an informed decision about your foot health.
At Manly Cove Podiatry, we use a 3 step process:
- Identify the structure and movement of your feet
- Determine the source of your pain
- Implement a treatment plan specifically tailored to you
Your treatment may include strapping, strengthening exercises, massage, orthotics, activity modification or footwear advice.
Contact Us Today
We know how debilitating heel pain can be. We want you pain-free so you can get back into your routine in as little time as possible.
Book an online appointment to secure your spot. Simply click here or call our friendly team on (02) 8966 9552.Book An appointment